HAPPY EASTER TO ALL CHRISTIAN FAITHFULS IN NANS SOUTHWEST
1. Greatest Nigerian Students.
2. I felicitate with Nigerian Students in Southwest, particularly the Christian faithful, as they join the rest of the Christian world in celebrating Easter. The celebration is one of the most important events in the Christian calendar which is to commemorate the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
2. Therefore, I enjoin our Christian colleagues to rekindle their faith in Jesus Christ who overcame persecution, sufferings and displayed endurance, steadfastness and above all piety. Jesus Christ represented man’s ability to withstand temporary pains in the hope of everlasting glory.
3. So, I urge all great Nigerian Students in our corridor to imbibe and live the values of humility, discipline, perseverance, sacrifice and obedience which Jesus Christ demonstrated during His stay on earth. There is no better opportunity than now for all Christians in particular, and Nigerian Students in general, to remain faithful and hopeful that with intensified prayers backed by personal and collective responsibility, our dear association, zone and nation shall pull through this most difficult trial and normalities shall be restored in the system.
4. Obviously, building a great association requires sacrifice, endurance and hope. This is especially true in our own case where diversity in ideas, beliefs and faiths make the task complex. But with abiding hope in the manifest of our “close to the lips song” of greatness, I believe we shall overcome the challenges and build an association that will lead the struggle for the Nigeria of our dream.
5. Dear Nigerian Students, let us continue to trust the leadership of the association in her efforts to provide qualitative learning and an enabling environment for education development and prosperity in Nigeria. The association under the watch of Comr. Kappo Samuel will continue to work for Nigerian students in this regard and in their legitimate pursuit of quality education, enabling learning environment and academic prosperity in their fatherland.
6. Over the time, the team unssailable emancipation of new possibilities has stayed focus on its agenda to bring academic oriented program back to NANS and this can be gleaned from the just concluded inter-tertiary institution clash of thought (debate) at the association Secretariat, Lagos State University, which would precede our transition in a grand style.
7. Myself, together with the executives of NANS Southwest are currently working of various proposals for the organization of NANS-make Convention, a free extra-curricular event designed to develop the passions and interests of undergraduates whilst providing them with the necessary skills to build successful careers that would be delivered through several masterclasses on Technology, the Business of Music, Fashion and Creative Writing. I urge you all to remain expectant as we dish out another blockbuster to end our adminstrative year.
8. Finally, I enjoin all Nigerian Students in our corridor to continue observing Covid-19 safety protocols while we awaits general vaccination of the students community against the virus.
Once again, I wish you all a Happy Easter.
Kappo Olawale S.
You can also read: