LAUTECH Final Year Student Dies After Falling Into Soak-away

//eephaush.com/4/5193489

Reports reaching Gistsmate media says a final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso, is dead after falling into a soak away.

The deceased simply identified as Nifemi Asefon gave up the ghost this evening after a little delay at LAUTECH teaching hospital.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident occurred at his hostel along 1500lth in school area.

It was learnt that he fell into a soak-away when he wanted to switch electricity and got paralyzed.

An eyewitness who spoke with media immediately after the incident explained that Nifemi was rushed to LAUTECH teaching hospital and wasn’t attended to.

He said: Staffs at the hospital said they have to get a call from the Dean of Students Affairs before attending to him and they had to take him to Bowen, unfortunately before getting there he is already dead.

Nifemi’s death has made some aggrieved students to threaten total shutdown at the Teaching hospital. They are protesting that their colleague could have been saved if the health institution had taken the case as an emergency and gave him the necessary treatment before asking of details like the DSA.

The health institution on the other hand are claiming that their request of the DSA was to relate the news of the passing away to an elderly person, that the student was brought in dead.

Meanwhile, efforts to speak with the Dean of Students affairs proved abortive as calls and texts sent to him were unreturned at the time of filling this reports.

Source: Mouthpiecengr

You can also read:

Just in: LAUTECH gets new acting Vice Chancellor

 

Related Posts

This Post Has 3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.